It’s not a matter of if your swimmer will hit their head – it’s when
Whether you coach an individual swimmer, team or countless kids at swim schools, you’ll have seen this a hundred times or more. A swimmer’s goggles fog up, they’re blinded by the sun, they forget to count from the flags and before you know it they’ve hit the wall or others around them. Or, maybe they haven’t recalibrated their count and they have gotten stronger and larger – they are growing. For youngsters that means tears, and for any competitive swimmer it can ruin a race, lose an opportunity or still worse, end in injury.
Hammer Head Swim Caps provide coaches and their swimmers with two key features:
– HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology® – the patent pending safety feature to protect swimmers from injuries at the wall and colliding with other swimmers at practice and in warm-ups.
– TEKFIT® – an evolved and more comfortable swim cap design that eliminates cap wrinkles and drag in the water, allowing swimmers to compete a their best.
Cumulative bumps on the head are serious. They can lead to lifelong problems. The occasional bumping of two heads together in the pool, or the child who runs into the wall or hits the top of their head on a stair rail may seem minor but it’s not. When a child hits their head they begin to not want to swim the backstroke, butterfly or go in the water again and it diminishes their confidence for trying new things.
- Approximately 70 percent of swimmer head injuries occur during busy swim practices
- Roughly 30 percent of head injuries occur during busy swim meets
- Of all injuries, 68 percent occur from swimmer’s colliding with each other, the bottom of the pool or the pool wall
Hammer Head Swim Caps help to keep swimmers confident in the water so they can continue to enjoy and participate in their sport and develop an undeterred, lifelong love of swimming.
If you’re coaching one swimmer or an entire team, we all know swimming is a sport of small measures. We tell swimmers to eat right, sleep well, train hard, shave body hair, wear competition suits that help to reduce drag and cut time in the pool. But, until now no-one has tackled safety + comfort + the drag wrinkled swim caps create. Enter Hammer Head Swim Cap’s revolutionary and comfortable design, eliminating wrinkles entirely for a better fitting swim cap.