It’s not a matter of if your swimmer will hit their head – it’s when
Whether you coach an individual swimmer, team or countless kids at swim schools, you’ll have seen this a hundred times or more. A swimmer’s goggles fog up, they’re blinded by the sun, they forget to count from the flags and before you know it they’ve hit the wall or others around them. Or, maybe they haven’t recalibrated their count and they have gotten stronger and larger – they are growing. For youngsters that means tears, and for any competitive swimmer it can ruin a race, lose an opportunity or still worse, end in injury.
Cumulative bumps on the head are serious and can be as damaging as one big strike – they can both lead to lifelong problems. The occasional and unexpected head strikes between two swimmers or the pool wall may seem minor but they’re not.
When a child hits their head they begin to lose confidence and the desire to swim the backstroke, and are more apprehensive in busy practice or in warm up lanes.
- Approximately 70 percent of swimmer head injuries occur during busy swim practices
- Roughly 30 percent of head injuries occur in crowded warm up lanes at meets
- Of all injuries, 68 percent occur from swimmer’s colliding with each other, the bottom of the pool or the pool wall
Hammer Head Swim Caps help to keep swimmers confident in the water so they can continue to enjoy and participate in their sport and develop an undeterred, lifelong love of swimming.
If you’re coaching one swimmer or an entire team, we all know swimming is a sport of small measures. We tell swimmers to eat right, sleep well, train hard, shave body hair, wear competition suits that help to reduce drag and cut time in the pool. But, until now no swim cap has done it all. Enter Hammer Head Swim Caps – we give swimmers of all skill levels a cap designed to reduce injuries from head strikes in the pool, give racers a cap that is both comfortable and fast and give parents a cap with greater value, built with strength and durability.
A Revolutionary Swim Cap Breakthrough
- HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology® – patented technology designed to reduce the shock of accidental and repetitive head strikes in the pool
- TEKFIT® – designed with no wrinkles and built for racing
- DURABILITY – tear-resistant, premium silicone that is designed to outlast other caps
Our Mission is Simple…
- Give swimmers of all skill levels a cap designed to minimize accidental injuries in the pool
- Give racers a cap that is both comfortable and fast
- Give parents a cap with greater value, built with strength and durability