Frequently Asked Questions
What makes the Hammer Head Swim Cap different?
We invented the world’s only protective swim cap – built for safety. In addition, Hammer Head offers much more than great safety. We give swimmers of all skill levels a cap designed to reduce injuries from head strikes in the pool, we give racers a wrinkle-free cap that is both comfortable and fast and we give parents a cap with greater value, built with strength and durability.
Here are the Hammer Head Swim Cap unique features and benefits.
- HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology® – patented technology designed to reduce the shock of accidental head strikes in the pool
- TEKFIT® – designed with no wrinkles and built for racing
- DURABILITY – compression molded with premium silicone that is designed to outlast other caps
Do Hammer Head Caps look different?
They are a little longer on the sides, covering the ears and unlike a traditional silicone swim cap there are no wrinkles on the Hammer Head Swim Cap. This is a result of the patented HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology® which is invisible from the exterior.
How does it protect from impacts and collisions?
A layer of honeycomb chambers – invisible from the exterior – designed to absorb and dissipate the shock from unexpected head strikes with the pool wall and other swimmers.
What are the 2017 statistics on competitive swimming head injuries in the US?
- Approximately 70 percent of swimmer head injuries occur during busy swim practices
- Roughly 30 percent of head injuries occur in crowded warm up lanes at meets
- Of all injuries, 68 percent occur from swimmer’s colliding with each other, the bottom of the pool or the pool wall
Is the Hammer Head Swim Cap more durable than a traditional latex or silicone swim cap?
Yes. Hammer Head Swim Caps do not have a seam down the center like traditional latex or silicone swim caps. They are built in a single compression mold with premium silicone that is designed to outlast other caps.
Can I customize the Hammer Head Swim Cap?
Yes. Hammer Head Swim Caps can be custom customized with a one color team logo (one or two sides) in the same way as a traditional silicone cap. Please email us to order.
Is it approved for competition swimming?
Yes. Hammer Head Swim Caps meet all USA Swimming standards and certifications.