Team Hammer Head®
Theresa Finn, Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Theresa oversees the business operations of Mako International, the parent company of Hammer Head Swim Caps. For the past 14 years she ran a $5 million dollar business within a business handling sales, inventory management, creative product solutions, sourcing and manufacturing as well as online solutions for large corporate clients. A graduate of San Diego State University with a BS in Business Administration with a Marketing emphasis and advance studies at the University of St. Thomas, Theresa brings 27 years of total experience in everything from sales to software to brand management for Fortune 500 companies to nimble start ups, with great ideas and passion. All of which makes her a perfect fit for Hammer Head Swim Caps.
David Burns, Co-Founder, Chief Operating Officer
David Burns is a successful business entrepreneur, experienced swim coach and committed advocate for swimmer safety in the pool.In the water from the age of five, David is a life long fan of swimming. In 1999, along with his mother Martha Burns, they launched Martha Burns Swim Schools™, today a $5 Million business and one of Minnesota’s pre-eminent swim school networks for young children and developing swimmers. He’s taught tens of thousands of swimmers and seen it all. At Hammer Head David brings 20 years of swim coaching at every level and a deep understanding of both the rewards and risks of swimming to the task of Hammer Head product development and innovation.
Head Engineers of the Hammer Head Swim Caps
HEAD INJURY AWARENESS RISING
- Insurance companies now require swim organizations to have active, executable concussion management plans in place in order to receive coverage
- USA Swimming introduced CPT (Concussion Protocol Training) to all states
- All but a handful of states now require officials, coaches and poolside volunteers to test out for CPT
- Parents are required to sign an annual release form acknowledging the risks associated with swimming – just like every other youth sport
- Medical community working to raise awareness for early stage diagnosis
“We need to do more to protect aquatic athletes in the water.”
– Rowdy Gaines, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist and International Swim Hall of Famer