JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Concussion and head injury awareness from sports is at an all-time high. Today almost all sports require a protective helmet to try and reduce the effects of head injury. Swimming should be no exception. Join our movement. Make swimming safer – wear the Hammer Head® Swim Cap. And spread the word about head safety in the pool.
HEAD INJURY AWARENESS
- The Straight Statistics – 2017
- Approximately 70% of swimmer head injuries occur during busy swim practices.
- Roughly 30% of head injuries occur during busy swim meets.
- Of all injuries, 68% occur from swimmers colliding with each other, the bottom of the pool or the pool wall.
- Insurance companies provide are requiring teams, clubs and schools to have an active, concussion management plans in place in order to get coverage.
- USA Swimming and many other swim organizations have dedicated a section on their websites to addressing their concussion management programs.
- Medical community working to raise awareness for early stage diagnosis.
OUR GOALS ARE SIMPLE
- Raise awareness about head injuries in the pool
- Help keep aquatic athletes safer in the water
- Create a unique, comfortable patent-pending safety solution for all skill levels