SWIMMING – A LOOK AT THE STATISTICS
Whether you’re a veteran swim parent with years of poolside experience or you’re a parent brand new to the sport with your young athlete, you’ll come to know that swimming is not a combat sport, but it is a contact sport. Aquatic athletes can, and do, hit their heads on the pool wall while learning their strokes and flip turns. Even more experienced swimmers can be at risk in busy practice pools and at swim meets where there can be 20+ swimmers in a single lane at one time, and many never get reported.
- Approximately 70 percent of swimmer head injuries occur during swim practices
- Roughly 30 percent of head injuries occur during crowded warm up lanes at meets
- Of all injuries, 68 percent occur from swimmer’s colliding with each other, the bottom of the pool or the pool wall
Where many sports now mandate protective head wear for young athletes, swimming has lagged behind for decades. Until now.
THREE REASONS YOUR SWIMMER NEEDS HAMMER HEAD
Whether your swimmer is competing with a team or just learning to swim, safety is critical. Cumulative hits on the head are serious and they can lead to lifelong problems. The occasional bump of two heads together in the pool, or the child who runs into the wall or hits the top of their head on a stair rail may seem minor, but it is not. When a swimmer hits their head they begin to not want to swim the backstroke, butterfly or go in the water again and it diminishes their enthusiasm for trying new things.
As these athletes develop their strokes and continue on to competitive swimming they will be accustomed to swim caps and have protection when those unexpected head strikes occur. Hammer Head Swim Caps help to keep all swimmers more confident in the water so they can continue to enjoy and participate in their sport and develop an untried, lifelong love of swimming.
You want your swimmer to perform at their best and to follow their coaches advice to eat right, get plenty of sleep and train hard. You invest in expensive tech suits to help them cut time, but until now no one has created a swim cap that offers safety + fit + durability all in one. Enter the Hammer Head Swim Cap’s revolutionary design and construction, putting it in a class of its own.
Durability = Value
In order to stay compliant with swim cap regulations, the Hammer Head is manufactured as one piece. This, in combination with our proprietary silicone recipe will leave you with the most durable and comfortable cap you’ll ever wear.
A Revolutionary Swim Cap Breakthrough
- HIT Honeycomb Impact Technology® – patented technology designed to reduce the shock of accidental and repetitive head strikes in the pool
- TEKFIT® – designed with no wrinkles and built for racing
- DURABILITY – tear-resistant, premium silicone that is designed to outlast other caps
Our Mission is Simple…
- Give swimmers of all skill levels a cap designed to minimize accidental injuries in the pool
- Give racers a cap that is both comfortable and fast
- Give parents a cap with greater value, built with strength and durability